-
March 24th, 2005, 02:38 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I recently recieved a box lot of books, which included a book titled The Girl Who Owned a City by OT Nelson. This is a future shock book, not a historical or anything. On the cover is a small child clutching Felicity in her Meet dress. I am reading it ( not my kid's taste - or mine, LOL) in order to see if there is any reference to her in the text. So far (page 127 out of 189) pages, no. Near as I can tell, the child is the brother of the girl in the title, so maybe it is the big sister's doll. I don't recommend the book for reading ( poorly concieved and written) but thought you might want to know about it.
Also, some time ago my dd and I were in Filene's basement (an outlet store that carries high end fashions) and found a skirt made out of Felicity's Meet fabric! It was the scale from teh girl's ( not the doll's) dresses. Apparently there were bolts of the fabric off price somewhere and the designer ( can't think who it was off hand) put it in her line. Since the skirt was still 65.00 at Filenes, (originally 250.00 or some such) and not our size, we bid it adieu.
Has anyone else seen these dolls used in an unusual way?
Popsie
Has anyone else here found AG evidence in odd places?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks